Surviving the Holidays with EFT Tapping

The holidays can be such a wonderful experience.  Regardless of nationality or religious beliefs, we all have a specific period during the year that is special to us, our friends and family.

Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year.  

I love it.  

Image by Jill Wellington from Pixabay
There is a sense of magic, like only good can prevail and only love exist.  The soothing tunes playing in the background wherever I go, that immediately lifts my spirits and puts a smile on my face.  The idea of a snowy Christmas, warming up by the fireplace with hot chocolate in hand.  Taking the time and effort to ensure I get something that makes my family feel loved, cared for and thought of.  Decorating the tree and watching the Christmas light display night after night as a countdown to the big day when Santa Claus comes to town.  I love the planning of who is going where and the feast we will prepare.  I love the smells, the sounds, the tastes, the sights and the feelings surrounding Christmas....I love it all!

Image by Steve Buissinne from Pixabay 
However, the reality is very often different from the ideal that I expect each year.  The snow is nowhere to be found being that it's summer, hot and sticky during Christmas time in the Southern Hemisphere.  Hot chocolate is the furthest thing from one's mind and an air conditioner more appreciated than a fire place.  With that a traditional feast, albeit we insist, would be best replaced with cold foods like salads.  Christmas lights and music often replaced by darkness and silence as we experience recurrent blackouts due to electricity load shedding - a concept possibly unknown to any first world country.   Alas we persevere, determined to have a good time, and we do!  Imagine a summer pool party with Christmas music in the background.

Very often though, the holidays can be a difficult time for people as reality often eclipse the picture we have in our minds.  For some this time of year causes sadness and anxiety.  Some people find themselves alone during a period that is focused on being together.  Others have difficult memories surrounding the Festive Season that bring about sadness and despair.  Some may face financial challenges that prevents them from giving their family the holiday celebration they feel they deserve.  Family dynamics and conflict cause anxiety, guilt, anger, frustration each year.  Whatever the reason may be for feeling negative feelings during the holiday that you celebrate, know that all of us have challenges we face during holidays regardless of how joyful and fun the social media snaps seem to be.  

Holiday Survival Tapping Example / Script

To help you out, I give an example of a holiday tapping script below.  I will keep it rather general so ensure that you adapt this example to fit your own circumstances, challenges and beliefs.  The more specifically you focus on your personal circumstances the more you will get out of your EFT Tapping session.

As always, identify the feeling you are working on and measure the feeling in intensity from 0 (least) - 10 (most).

Tap on the KC point and say:


Even though (add your holiday for example Christmas, Ramadan, Diwali, Hanukkah....)I love and accept myself;

Even though (add your holiday) never turns out like I want it, I accept myself lovingly and completely;

Even though this time of year brings up emotions that I rather not feel, I completely and utterly love and accept myself.

Tap on each Acupoint from TOH to UA and make a statement about the challenges that you are facing specifically - below are some example statements:

________(Insert your holiday) is so stressful;

There is so much to get done and so little time;

What if I forget something;

What if he/she is disappointed with the gift I bought;

I wish I can create a spectacular holiday celebration;

I so want to have the _______(insert your holiday) of my dreams;

I hope this year I might manage disappointment better;

I don't want to feel sad or rejected this year;

I don't want my feelings to control my day;

I worry that _______ (insert name of person / people) will make me feel resentment, jealousy or anger and that I might lash out or be unable to control my feelings;

Regardless, I don't want to have others' behaviours or words to affect me anymore;

The stress and anxiety this time of year causes feels like I am getting ready to walk into a lion's den;

I really want to enjoy this celebration this year;

I wonder if there is a way that I can feel joyful regardless of the challenges I am facing;

I hope that everyone will enjoy the food that I have prepared / are preparing.

Want to learn Emotional Freedom Techniques?




If you are unfamiliar with EFT and would like to learn tapping for yourself, try my free online course MeTap - FastTrack Course to Living your Best Life with EFT.

Alternatively, learn more advanced or specialized EFT skills by checking out the below courses:



Stay in Touch


Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash

Follow me on Instagram @thewell_beinginstitute 

Like my Facebook page @thewellbeinginstitute

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel dedicated to taking you on journeys of relaxation, self discovery and healing via guided meditations The Well-Being Institute 



Copyright © 2019 - The Well-Being Institute - All Rights Reserved




Popular Posts