Tapping away nightmares

I am sure we have all had nightmares as adults and they can be terrifying.  Upon waking there is a period of blur where you are unsure if you are still in the dream, if you are awake if the dream is the reality.  Depending on the severity of the nightmare you may feel shaken up for rather a long time following waking up, sometimes being afraid to go back to sleep just in case you go back where you left off in that nightmare.  It certainly has happened to me!


Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay 
This time however we were woken up close to midnight.  My preschooler woke up from a nightmare and he was absolutely terrified.  His nightmare was about spiders.  Spiders have never really bothered him before but somehow he was being attacked by spiders that were biting him all over.  He was so afraid and just couldn't calm down.  He needed all the lights on to be able to see any spiders that might be coming to get him.  



I asked him if it would be o.k. for me to tap on him while he was lying down to try and get back to sleep.  He agreed and I started tapping on his face using silent tapping to start with.  As I tapped on his meridian points I could see him starting to relax.  He was able to put the covers back over him and then slowly I could see his arms relax and then his facial muscles relaxed.  I continued tapping and this time was whispering the worlds gently.  Within about 10 minutes he was back to sleep.


(Rough rose quartz stone)
The next night, as my son was still a bit worried that he might have the nightmare again, I followed up with a bit of positive suggestion and the healing purposes of rose quartz crystal magic.  I have many rose quartz crystals around the house so I got one of the big stones and told him I was putting the stone under his pillow.  I explained that it is a special magic stone that will help keep away the bad dreams.  

So this morning he wakes up and says with absolute amazement, 'Mommy, this stone is amazing!  It is like magic!'.  Needless to say, my son and the whole household slept so well.  

P.S.  If and when your little one do get another nightmare, simply:

  • Tapping:  Calm your little one down with some tapping and work the fear out of their system;
  • Clean Crystals:  Then if you do opt to use a magic crystal under their pillow, tell them the crystal have taken up all the old nightmares and is now so full that it needs a wash to get rid of all the old bad dreams and make space for any new dreams, thoughts and feelings that don't feel so good to be absorbed.  Then simply rinse the stone under running water.  All cleansed!
There are so many different types of amazing stones and crystals used for healing.  I love using Rose Quartz as they replace negative with love.  I also like Clear Quartz for this very purpose as it is very helpful for absorbing negativity.

Tapping Script for Nightmares


A quick Tapping Script for Nightmares.  I will focus on the tapping wording I used when tapping on my son's spider nightmare just to show you the ways in which we focus and hone in on the nightmare.  I ask him questions about the nightmare so that I can make sure I get the information I need to personalize the tapping for him.

So he told me that there were huge spiders crawling on the bed and attacked him.  There were so many spiders that bit him all over his arms and legs and was sucking his blood.  (This was his wording and it doesn't matter if it makes sense to us as adults, it is their nightmare and the content of it must be used for tapping).  

Taking an Intensity Measurement

There are many ways you can do this including:

  • Body Language:  I used my son's body language to depict his progress down the measurement scale.  When he went to sleep I took it as reaching zero on the scale.  
  • Check Measurement with Child:  However, you can also ask your child to give you a measurement number depending on their age.  
  • Check Measurement Intuitively:  You can also intuitively decide what number your child is on as you tap down the scale.  You so by asking yourself, where on the scale is he/she now?   Then take the number that pops in your head.

Setup Phase

Tap on the KC point and say:


Even though I am so scared right now, I love and accept myself;

Even though that nightmare felt so real, I love and accept myself completely;

Even though I am scared that the spiders are everywhere ready to attack me, I completely accept myself.

Tapping Sequence

Tap on each tapping point.  Whilst doing so, make a statement to describe the nightmare in detail on each tapping point.  This tapping script example will be aimed at preschool kids:

I am so scared right now;

My muscles feel so tight;

I feel like I just want to run and hide all at the same time;

I am worried about going to sleep;

If I close my eyes, the spiders might come back;

I am going to make sure I keep my eyes open so I can see any spiders approaching;

I don't want any blankets touching my body in case there are spiders hiding in the covers;

I am going to keep all the lights on so I can see everything around me;

In my nightmare I saw spiders walking towards me;

They were walking over the blankets and they were all coming to me;

I tried fighting them off;

I was hitting and kicking to get them away but there were too many;

I feel so scared:

What if there are more hiding somewhere;

They bit me all over my arms and legs and sucking my blood from my arms and legs;

I am so scared:

Why do they do that?;

I don't want to go to sleep;

If I sleep they will be coming for me again;

I need to stay awake so I can spot them coming;

I am so scared;

I know if was just a dream but what if it is real;

I am so scared:

My eyes feel so tired and I want to stay awake;

They were all over me:

I don't want to feel that again;

That was so scary;

I think I am feeling a bit safer now;

I am still worried about them hiding somewhere;

And I am so sleepy and tired;

I know my mommy is helping the yucky feeling and dream to get out of my body;

I know that this works;

I am getting tired and will sleep soon...now!



Want to learn Emotional Freedom Techniques?



If you are unfamiliar with EFT and would like to learn tapping for yourself, try my free online course MeTap - FastTrack Course to Living your Best Life with EFT.

Alternatively, learn more advanced or specialized EFT skills by checking out the below courses:



Stay in Touch


Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash

Follow me on Instagram @thewell_beinginstitute 

Like my Facebook page @thewellbeinginstitute

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel dedicated to taking you on journeys of relaxation, self discovery and healing via guided meditations The Well-Being Institute 




Copyright © - The Well-Being Institute - All Rights Reserved



Popular Posts