It's bedtime and time to sleep...

Sleep for little one's are so important.  This is the time where their little minds can go to work to process everything that they experienced during the day.  It is a tremendous time for processing, growth and expansion.  

Image by fujikama from Pixabay
Kids have such busy days, learning, experiencing the world and stimulation comes from every angle...so when it comes to going to sleep, it is difficult to shut down.

Of course there are many ways to assist kids to reduce stimulation before bedtime and in our busy lives these techniques sometimes go out the window.  Sometimes techniques work one day and then don't the other.  When this happens we tend to change tactic and again re-introduce the technique at a later date.  Some of my tried and tested techniques (that very often get re-introduced as they wear off) include:

  • dimming the lights about an hour before bed;
  • having a set evening routine (eat, bath, brush teeth, story time, sleep);
  • kids guided meditation tracks;
  • magnesium salt in the bedtime bath;
  • story time before bed.
These are all great ways of getting kids bedtime-ready.  However, sometimes these techniques just don't cut it.  When this happens, I know that my little one needs some energy work to get all of that over-stimulation out of his system as well as mine.   So I go to work to help him calm down using Emotional Freedom Techniques or Energy Healing work like Spinal Tapping (a technique taught in my KiddyTap course).

Tapping Bear

EFT to help kids sleep


Tapping for better sleep is a great way of getting your child bedtime ready.  Using EFT before bedtime helps your child process the experiences they had during the day and calms them down to get to sleep faster and easier.

Tapping Examples or Script


Below you will find some examples to use for your tapping on or for your child to help them get ready for sleep and to fall asleep.  Always change the wording to suit the language you use naturally with your own child and make it as specific to you and your child's situation as possible.  Doing so, you ensure the best and fastest results.

Setup Phrase Examples

Even though today was so exciting with so many different experiences that is still keeping me awake, I appreciate the experiences I had today;

Even though some things that happened today made me feel uncomfortable emotions that are too big for my current body, I acknowledge these big emotions and love myself always;

Even though today was super busy and I learnt so much, I appreciate the opportunity to learn and grow.

Tapping Sequence Script Examples


Today was super exciting;

I loved so many things I learnt today;

Some things that happened today I didn't like so much;

At some points today I was so happy and at other points I was angry;

At some points I felt sad today as someone hurt my feelings;

Today I was in timeout as I pushed someone and it made me feel cross and embarrassed at the same time;

I got to play with my friends today and we built puzzles, kicked balls, played with dolls, everything we wanted;

I had so much fun today playing soccer/football/cricket/tennis/rugby/baseball/basketball/netball and I managed to score a goal;

I had so much fun playing soccer/football/cricket/tennis/rugby/baseball/basketball/netball and I got so annoyed that I weren't as good as the other players;

I didn't get picked for the team today and it made me feel rejected and sad;

I got picked for the team today and it made me feel appreciated and part of something fun;

I had so much going on today and now it is time to calm down and sleep;

I feel so excited and my body needs to sleep;

I am able to get really calm and relaxed so that my mind and body can have the rest it needs;

I feel so tired and sleepy;

I am slowly falling asleep;

I look forward to all the wonderful dreams I will have while I sleep so deeply and comfortably;

I feel safe, loved and cared for while I fall asleep now;

I am drifting off to sleep quietly and comfortably now;

I love the feeling of my comfortable pillow under my head;

I love the feeling of my cozy, warm bed that takes me to dreamland;

I am sleepy, I am so sleepy and will soon sleep now.


New to EFT?  Check out my Free EFT course that will teach you the basics and get you started using EFT on yourself.

Follow me on Instagram @thewell_beinginstitute



Popular Posts