Ignoring the warning signs

This week I want to talk about ignoring the warning signs.  Ever had an emotional feeling that you weren't able to deal with right then or you didn't want to?  Jip, me too and here's what happens.

Last week I wrote about feeling sad.  I did a bit of tapping on sadness but life happened and I didn't get to resolve it.  Since then that feeling has lingered and I went into survival mode and started using my old unhealthy coping skills.. shoving it all deep down to deal with when I have a chance. 
Image by Free-Photos from Pixabay 
As I am a lot more in tuned with my body, mind and soul now than I have ever been I tend to notice subtle changes in me very quickly.  From day 1 I started noticing my sadness taking shape and as deep as I tried to bury it, it grew and grew.  Very soon the feeling started to leak out in some interesting ways.  I noticed myself becoming irritable and resentful.  I also noticed some anxiety symptoms like shortness of breath and feelings of exhaustion.  I also realized that I would overthink and catastrophise future outcomes of things.

Wow.  What an impact just ignoring a feeling can have.  If I took the time to just tap it out of my system when I first noticed it, I could have avoided several days of feeling unease.  However, seeing as the negative feelings intensified very quickly I realized my energy systems were running unilaterally instead of crossing over.  This can cause havoc on your mind, body and soul and is actually so easy to balance out.  

Image by Miss_Orphelia from Pixabay
There are so many amazing ways to balance your energy circuits.  In this post I will introduce you to a couple of very simple ways to balance your energy so that the lines cross over your body again causing balance instead of running unilaterally and thus not crossing over causing imbalance.

Cross over hands and feet
This very simple technique is basically crossing over your arms/hands and feet thereby directing the energy into the correct flow.

So while sitting down you cross your feet and try and tuck one foot in behind the other as much as you can.  If you are only able to cross your feet that is fine too.  Go with what your body can do.  


Keep your legs crossed and now cross your arms and hands too as per below:

The easiest way to do this is to:
  • extend both arms out in front of you;
  • twist both palms to face outwards so away from each other;
  • cross your right hand over your left so that the palms face each other again;
  • move the palms together and lace the fingers into each other;
  • bend your elbows and move the hands underneath the the elbows and to the body and up to the head as per picture above;
  • hold both the hands and feet positions as is while straightening the spine and breathing in deeply through the nose and out through the mouth.
Keep this position for several breaths.  Then release and shake it off.

Cross over body
To do this technique you can sit or stand comfortably.  Straighten your spine and elongate the spine.  Stretch and make yourself taller as much as you can.

Take your right and and cross your arm over your body placing your hand on your shoulder at the closest point to your neck.  Squeeze that area like you are giving your should a massage.  

Now from that position run your flat hand across your body.  Keep your hand on your body and move from your left shoulder to your right hip.  Same side as the hand you are using.



Repeat with the left hand on the right shoulder that runs down to the left hip.

Do this a few times while breathing deeply in through your nose and out of your mouth.

Simple as that.  You can test that your system is balanced using techniques such as muscle testing which I will be teaching in my new course very soon.

To learn more about EFT Tapping, check out my free course on The Well-Being Institute.  
Follow me on Instagram: @thewell_beinginstitute
Like my Facebook Page:  The Well-Being Institute


Popular Posts