I feel sad

I think everyone has experienced the feeling of sadness.  When I think about sadness and whenever I experience a new bout of sadness or an old bout that reappears from time to time, I notice the broad spectrum of the feeling.
Photo by Sharon McCutcheon on Unsplash
Some sadness comes from small things like your favorite band breaking up...ok for some people this might be huge.  Other sadness can be a huge life changing event like the death if a loved one.  But no matter the circumstances, the feeling of sadness comes from loss. 
When we lose something of value it makes us feel sad.  Loss of a friend, loss of respect, loss of a marriage, loss of a partner, loss of a career, loss of a dream, loss of hope.  All these losses bring about sadness.  Yes of course there might be other feelings in the mix also like anger when losing trust in a partner or resentment  for losing out on an opportunity or hopelessness for the loss of a dream.

So this week is my turn to feel sad.  Life is moving so fast and my baby is going off to school which makes me sad as he is going off to begin this new journey.  He will be slowly forming his new inner circle and much sooner than I would like, mommy will be on the outskirts.  Of course it is the natural course of things and yet I acknowledge this feeling of being sad.
Think of a time that you felt sad.  Maybe you are feeling sad today.  Maybe you feel a recurring sadness.  Let's do some tapping on sadness. 

You can either do silent tapping or traditional tapping.  In traditional tapping we use words to help us focus on the emotion we want to work on.  The words also in my experience help us open up and peel away the layers to get to the often hidden and core of the problem or feeling.  I get amazing revelations using traditional tapping and thus words during tapping.

Photo by Kristina Flour on Unsplash
Silent Tapping
On the other hand I really love using silent tapping also especially during meditation or when I am overcome with emotion.  I would then start tapping silently while acknowledging the sadness and giving it room to be and move through and out of my system.  I would close my eyes and feel where the sadness is in my body.  I would really give it notice and room to exist for a little while and respect that there is a reason for this feeling and notice what this feeling is teaching me about myself, the situation, my environment and people involved.

Traditional Tapping
Once I have completed a few rounds of silent tapping I would then move on to traditional tapping.  Alternatively you can go straight to the basics of traditional EFT.

Below is a tapping script for sadness.  Please change the wording to suit you.  Make it as personal to you as you can so you can have the biggest healing effect for you personally.  

Remember the more general, the more dilutes the results.  
The more specific the more intense and concentrated the result.

Let's start:
Always remember to take your intensity level measurement before you start.  On a scale from 0-10 how sad am I feeling right now?  Intuitively take the first number that pops in your head.

Tip:  You can also use muscle testing or other tools like a pendulum to check your SUDS level.  

Setup Phase/Phrase:
Tap on the KC point and say:
Even though I feel this sadness in my body, I respect the space it is taking up right now;
Even though this feeling is eating away at me, I accept that feelings come and go and it is part of my human existence;
Even though I feel so overwhelmed with sadness, I love and accept where I am right now.


Tapping Sequence:
Tap on TOH and say:  I am so sad because.....(insert your reason);
Tap on EB and say:  What is causing me so much sadness in this particular situation?
Tap on SE and say:  I acknowledge there might be a mixture of feelings attached to my sadness;
Tap on UE and say:  I feel that I have had a great loss or that I anticipate a great loss;
Tap on UN and say:  I don't like that I feel so vulnerable with loss;
Tap on Ch and say: I know that this loss means change is imminent or near;
Tap on CB and say:  I feel that this change is likely to be an adaptation that I need to make to adapt to a negative experience;
Tap on UA and say:  I feel like I am free falling and waiting to see where I land.


Take a couple of deep breaths in and out and just come back to grounding or being present.  

Take your measurement again and notice any changes in your body and thoughts.

Keep tapping from KC to UA points and keep adapting your statements in every round as you connect to your mind, body and soul and notice shifts as you move down the measurement scale to zero.

Learn the basics of EFT in my MeTap course for free.

Follow me on Instagram:  @thewell_beinginstitute

Popular Posts