EFT Tapping to Quiet Your Mind

Ever tried to quiet your mind or meditate and the more you try and be still and thought-less the more thoughts pop in your head?  Well maybe this EFT Tapping Script will help you to quiet your mind and find ways that will better lead you into the process of being still...in mind that is.

Image by SplitShire from Pixabay 

EFT TAPPING SCRIPT TO QUIET THE MIND

Before we start, you might want to check in with yourself to see what emotions come up for you when you are trying to still your mind.  You might experience some frustration or perhaps an emotion unique to your situation.  

Give this emotion and measurement on a scale from 0 - 10 (zero being no discomfort and 10 being the most discomfort felt).

Now get comfortable and let's get ready to tap.

Tap on the Karate Chop Point (Side of Hand) and say:

Even though thoughts keep entering my head when I am trying to quiet or clear my mind, I accept that my thoughts are trying to get some airtime while I am paying attention and I love and accept this journey;

Even though I am trying to stop thoughts from entering my mind, I understand that pushing against it too much brings more of the same and I completely love and accept myself.

Even though my mind keeps wandering, I utterly and completely accept and love myself.

Tap on each Acupoint and make a statement that is true and reflective of your own experience.  Follow the below tapping script for guidance to get you started.

I want to quiet my mind;

I want to be able to reach out beyond my mind;

For this I feel I need total stillness;

As I am trying to relax and concentrate thoughts pop into my head;

I keep fighting the thoughts away;

I want my mind to be still;

It is very frustrating that I can't get this right;

I so want my mind to be completely clear and focussed;

Is it even possible to clear my mind completely;

I feel frustrated that I can't keep my mind still for long periods of time;

I wonder what it would feel like to be able to sit like a monk for a long time;

To have such a practised and clear mind;

I wonder if there is a way that is specific to me that will help me accomplish stillness;

I know when I meditate that I need to take a beat to calm my body;

I also know that initially, thoughts that I have suppressed or put aside during the day will demand some attention;

I know that if I just let those thoughts flow through my mind will start clearing up;

I would love for it to be super fast though;

I would love to just sit down, relax, maybe close my eyes and get right into a clear-minded state;

Maybe this will take some practice;

Wouldn't it be nice though!!!!

I wonder if there is a pattern to notice here;

What happens when I try and quiet my mind;

What happens if I put my focus on a mantra or place my attention on my heart space;

What happens if I refocus to the mantra or my hearts space every time a thought enters my head;

What if I just notice the thought and let it fly by without pushing against it;

Does my mind clear faster or slower when I do this;

I know there is a method just for me and I will stumble upon it as I go.


Want to learn Emotional Freedom Techniques?


If you are unfamiliar with EFT and would like to learn tapping for yourself, try my beginner online course MeTap - FastTrack Course to Living your Best Life with EFT.

Alternatively, learn more advanced or specialized EFT skills by checking out the below courses:


Stay in Touch


Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash
Website:  www.TheWell-BeingInstitute.co.za

Instagram @thewell_beinginstitute 

Facebook page @thewellbeinginstitute



Copyright © 2017 - 2020 The Well-Being Institute - All Rights Reserved



Popular Posts