EFT Tapping on Seperation Anxiety in Young Children

My niece have recently started to experience stress which even causes her to be physically sick.  This is a result of Covid-19 and lockdown causing stress in children.  Her father had to be away for a couple of days and she experienced severe separation anxiety about him being away.

My sister phoned me to come over and help her out with some tapping.  I brought along Tappy Bear to help this little 4 years old out.  We tapped on Tappy Bear and after a few rounds, we went front crying every time I mention her father being away to showing signs of boredom.  In kids, this is a great sign that tapping has worked and the child was able to release the emotion.

Image by Myriam Zilles from Pixabay 

EFT Tapping for Separation Anxiety in Children

When working with young children it can be a bit difficult to assess their SUDS (Subjective Units of Distress Scale) measurement.  So I would intuitively assess this or I would watch the child carefully while tapping to see where progress has been made.  You can also incorporate muscle testing to ensure the emotion has been released to a zero.

I like to use our Tapping Teddy when tapping on kids so that there is something more familiar and safe in the room that a child can take comfort in.

Our KiddyTap Tapping Teddy

In this example, I used 'daddy' as the focal point of the separation anxiety but change the wording to match what your child is feeling.  This might be mommy, daddy, a grandparent, a carer even a favourite pet or toy.  

Tap on the Karate Chop Point and say:


Even though I feel really icky, I am a good girl/boy;

Even though I feel so sad that daddy isn't here right now, I am ok;

Even though I miss daddy so much, I love myself.

Tap on each Acupoint and say:

I feel so sad;

Daddy isn't here right now;

I don't like it when daddy isn't here;

Why did he have to go;

I want my daddy;

Daddy is coming back tomorrow;

I never want my daddy to leave me again;

Daddy is away;

He didn't take me with;

I feel so sad;

My tummy feels icky;

I sometimes even throw up;

It feels so bad;

I don't like feeling this bad;

When daddy comes back I will feel better;

But only then;

I will need to wait and feel bad all this time until he comes home;

That is going to be a long time feeling sicky;

I don't like it when daddy isn't here;

I miss him so much;

I want him to stay here with me all the time;

He must never leave me behind again;

Daddy isn't here;

It makes me so sad when he isn't here;

I want my daddy;

Daddy is coming home tomorrow;

I feel so icky when daddy isn't here.

Want to learn Emotional Freedom Techniques?


If you are unfamiliar with EFT and would like to learn tapping for yourself, try my beginner online course MeTap - FastTrack Course to Living your Best Life with EFT.

Alternatively, learn more advanced or specialized EFT skills by checking out the below courses:


Stay in Touch


Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash
Website:  www.TheWell-BeingInstitute.co.za

Instagram @thewell_beinginstitute 

Facebook page @thewellbeinginstitute



Copyright © 2017 - 2020 The Well-Being Institute - All Rights Reserved




Popular Posts