Leaning Into Emotions with EFT Tapping

I have recently come across a method that some use to release negative emotions as they occur.  Most of us are so conditioned to block negative emotions or try and move away from negative emotions.  This method advised the opposite.  Instead of moving away from the emotion, rather LEAN-IN to the emotion. This means to allow the emotion to be felt and experienced and then allow it to move through and out of you instead of blocking it and then forcing it to become stuck in the body.

Image by StockSnap from Pixabay 

However, I realised that this is what we do when using EFT Tapping on emotions that don't feel good.  We invite the emotion to come and have a conversation with us and then allow and help the negative emotions to move through and out of the body and mind.  

EFT TAPPING FOR LEANING INTO NEGATIVE EMOTIONS

For this EFT Tapping script, I will focus on doing exactly that.  Invite the negative emotion to be felt and heard and then help it to move through and out of the body and mind.  This tapping script may be useful to you if you have troubling negative emotions that you are trying do keep at bay.

As always, this tapping script serves as a generalized example and it is always best to adapt the statements to fit your emotions, experiences, language and situation specifically.  

- The more specific your statements, the better your EFT Tapping results -

Tap on the Karate Chop Point and say:


Even though I know you (negative emotion) are out there and I so desperately want to keep you out, I honour that there is something I need to learn here;

Even though I am afraid of experiencing that negative emotion and want to distance myself from it, I accept that there is an ebb-and-flow to life and that this negative emotion can flow through and out of me easier than what I realise;

Even though I am uncomfortable with the idea of inviting negative emotion into my experience, I love and accept myself completely.

Tap on each Acupoint from Top of Head to Underarm and say:


I am afraid;

Negative emotions are things to block;

I want to distance myself from that emotion that keeps creeping up;

The more I block the more it comes into my experience;

I think it may be helpful to lean in a little and check this emotion out;

What if I lean in too far and it becomes overwhelming;

What if I need to face this emotion time and again;

I want to get out of the cycle of experiencing negative emotions in this way;

I want to do things differently;

What if allowing the emotion to momentarily be felt and heard;

What if this emotion needs some airtime for a minute;

I now safely allow this emotion to be experienced;

What is this emotion teaching me;

What is the purpose of this emotion;

Where does it come from;

I now let this emotion move through me and out of me;

Tapping away any blocks of this emotion in my system;

This emotion now easily and effortlessly leaves my body, mind, soul.

Want to learn Emotional Freedom Techniques?


If you are unfamiliar with EFT and would like to learn tapping for yourself, try my beginner online course MeTap - FastTrack Course to Living your Best Life with EFT.

Alternatively, learn more advanced or specialized EFT skills by checking out the below courses:


Stay in Touch


Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash
Website:  www.TheWell-BeingInstitute.co.za

Instagram @thewell_beinginstitute 

Facebook page @thewellbeinginstitute



Copyright © 2017 - 2020 The Well-Being Institute - All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts