EFT Tapping on Our Phones' Constant Battle For Our Attention
|Image by Thomas Ulrich from Pixabay|
I have started noticing this past week how much people around me are distracted by their phones. You may have had some similar examples or you may notice these behaviours in yourself. For example:
- This morning at the dentist, for example, I notice that the receptionist was so distracted by notifications on her phone that she was looking at her phone trying to read the messages while trying to put my appointment payment through the card machine. I found I needed to fight for her attention to be on me and our interaction and away from her phone.
- Have you had the experience of meeting a friend for dinner and they are constantly checking their phones? When it happens once you feel more understanding but when it happens throughout the night, there seems to be this 3rd wheel at the dinner table with whom you need to fight for attention.
- Maybe you have family members that feel unable to leave their phone for the amount of time it takes to have a coffee. The conversation keeps being interrupted as the person's attention is split between your exchange and whatever is happening on their phone.
|Image by Dean Moriarty from Pixabay|
- Notice the people around you as you move throughout your day. Most importantly, notice how you feel in these situations. You may feel disregarded, disrespected or in competition for someone's attention. You won't need to look very hard to notice and find a lot of examples of people being on their phones at times when it may be:
- inappropriate, illegal or unethical to be focussed on their phone like when driving or serving someone at Reception; or
- rude to be on your phone like when catching up with a friend or having dinner with family.
- Notice where you may be the person distracted by your phone in ways that may be inappropriate, illegal, unethical or rude. Most importantly, remember what it felt like when you were feeling disregarded, disrespected or felt like you needed to compete for someone attention. Doesn't feel so good, does it?
Tapping On Being Distracted By Phones
Close your eyes and think about your phone and the need to check your phone. Take a measurement from 0 - 10 of how much discomfort you may be feeling surrounding this issue.
Tap on your Karate Chop Point:
Tap on each Acupoint:
- Always change the tapping script working to match your personal experience and what is specifically affecting you.
- Continue taking regular measurements from 0-10 so you can have an indication on your progress.
Want to learn Emotional Freedom Techniques?
If you are unfamiliar with EFT and would like to learn tapping for yourself, try my beginner online course MeTap - FastTrack Course to Living your Best Life with EFT.
Stay in Touch
|Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash|
Copyright © 2017 - 2020 The Well-Being Institute - All Rights Reserved