Fireworks Survival Tapping Script for Pets with EFT Tapping

Fireworks are such a beautiful display of colour in the sky.  Fireworks are associated with celebration and can be awe inspiring.  It is lovely to watch, although the noise affect our furry friends in a negative way.
Image by Heiko Stein from Pixabay 
I was again reminded of how loud and terrifying the pops and bangs can be when fireworks are set off in a residential area.  Our neighbourhood this year seems to have been out in full force with fireworks going off in all directions.  The bangs were so loud it scared me at times and I am able to make sense of it.  Honestly, it reminded me of movies depicting war zones.  Our pets don't understand what the noise is and their hearing is greatly amplified so their experience of the bangs and cracks would be intensified.  I fully understand how animals are so fearful of fireworks and can become terrified with all the loud noises.  

Tapping on the Fear of Fireworks for Pets

EFT is an excellent tool to use on our pets.  There are many ways of using EFT Tapping on animals that is taught in my course FurTap - EFT for Pets which include:
  • tapping on your pet directly, 
  • using a surrogate, 
  • by-proxy tapping or 
  • distant tapping.
For the purposes of this post, I will provide a tapping script example to use to help ease your pet's fear of fireworks or help your pet recover from the recent firework displays.

In this exercise you will be tapping on behalf of your pet as a proxy (stand-in) so you're tapping on yourself as if you are your animal while in view of the animal.  Take a measurement on the SUDS on behalf of your animal.  Then start your tapping round:

Tap on the Karate Chop point and say:

Even though I am afraid of the loud bangs and sounds, I know that my family loves me and will protect me, I am safe!

Even though there are barks of warning throughout the neighbourhood so there must be something really bad going on, I love and accept myself and know my owner will keep me safe.

Even though I feel that there is no escape and I am terrified of these sounds, I am loved, I am ok, I am safe with my family.

Tap on each Acupoint from Top of Head to Underarm and make a statement relating to the fireworks or what you observe the animal's behaviour to be:

The sounds are so loud;

Everytime there is a new bang and it gives me a fright;

I am terrified;

I can't stop shaking;

I want to attack to protect myself and my family;

I haven't heard these sounds before;

These sounds are so loud and makes me feel so scared;

These scary, loud sounds;

I am surrounded by these bangs.


Ensure you adapt the statements to the particular sitution as well as the timeline (past, present, future) of when the fearful fireworks situation will occur or have occurred.

Take a measurement on the SUDS regularly to check your pet's progress and ensure you end with a couple of rounds of positive tapping to seal in the progress.  Add statements about the progress and how much the animal's family members love him/her and want to help him/her feal better.

Want to learn Emotional Freedom Techniques?




If you are unfamiliar with EFT and would like to learn tapping for yourself, try my free online course MeTap - FastTrack Course to Living your Best Life with EFT.

Alternatively, learn more advanced or specialized EFT skills by checking out the below courses:



Stay in Touch


Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash

Follow me on Instagram @thewell_beinginstitute 

Like my Facebook page @thewellbeinginstitute

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel dedicated to taking you on journeys of relaxation, self discovery and healing via guided meditations The Well-Being Institute 



Copyright © 2019 - The Well-Being Institute - All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts