Getting Back to the Habit of EFT Tapping

Sometimes we get so consumed with our problems and daily lives that we forget to apply the very tools we have learnt to help us work through problems and clear issues as we go along.  During these times it may be that some time have passed since you last used EFT so now is the time to get back on track.  
Image by Nino Carè from Pixabay 
It is very easy to go back to old habits of coping with past, present and future issues we are facing in our lives.  You may learn a new skill and apply it with fervor but it slowly fades over time as daily life put challenges in our path.  You may start to shelf issues to work on later and just never get to them.  Before long, you find yourself in old habits of not dealing with thoughts, feelings, concerns, issues, symptoms or problems that come your way.
Here I want to provide a tapping example / script to help you get out of this old habit of not using the EFT Tapping skills you have learnt and back into applying EFT in your life regularly and consistently.

BUILDING A HABIT OF TAPPING

Image by Esi Grünhagen from Pixabay 

Before we start, it would be helpful to take a moment just to reflect on the reasons that are specific to YOU that has prevented you from regularly and consistently applying EFT Tapping in your life.  Maybe write down a few words and statements that come up for you specifically and add these to the tapping examples I present below.  This will give you more depth in this tapping practice as it becomes less general and more specific to you.
It would be useful here to take a measurement before you start tapping.  So ask yourself, on a scale from zero to ten (10 being the highest and zero the lowest on the scale), where on the scale is this issue of not using EFT for my well being...use the number that pops in your head.

Setup Phase:

Tap on the Karate Chop point and make 3 statements that start with the problem and end with a positive affirmation.  This will help get the energy moving.
Even though I haven’t been tapping as often as I need to, I accept myself deeply and completely;
Even though there have been times when I could have applied EFT on different subjects (add some of these subjects here is you like to make it more specific to you), I love that I can acknowledge this and forgive myself now;
Even though I may have been inconsistent in using tapping to help resolve issues in my life, I know I have this powerful resource that I will make a habit of using in order to live an optimized life. 

Tapping Sequence Phase:

Tap on each tapping point from TOH to UA and make a statement of the issue you are working on.  (This tapping sequence is as used by the founder of EFT, Gary Craig but if you have learnt to use  EFT from another source that tap from SE to TOH that is absolutely fine, just follow what works for you.  I actually learnt the technique as certified by the then AAMET that tap from SE to TOH but I enjoyed Gary Craig's method more of tapping from top to bottom so from TOH to UA.  Like I said, use the technique that feels good to you).

I haven’t been tapping very often or at all.

What has caused this?

What is stopping or preventing me from tapping every time an issue comes up for me?

Maybe I am sabotaging myself?

What could this be about?

I could have just forgotten to tap.

Or did I?

Did I put my issues on the shelf to look at later...

then never got to them...

Maybe I’m so used to putting my self care on the shelf to deal with later.

Is this a habit of mine to put my own well-being on the shelf and never get to it?

Maybe?

It may be just easier to fall back on old habits of not working on my issues as they appear in my life.

I can start a new habit at any time that will benefit my well being.

I have already started that new habit as I’m tapping right now!

Isn't it great that new habit formation can start right now...

with just 1 starting step?

That's what I am doing right now...

How great is that.


I choose to remember to use EFT as a tool for my well being.

I choose to continue on this journey of positive habit formation.

When I tap tomorrow I will be even closer to have formed this habit of tapping.

I know it takes 21 days to form a new habit.

I have tapped many times before and I am starting this new habit formation today.

I don't need to tap every day...

but I know I can choose to tap every day that I am presented with an issue to tap about.

I know that tapping has helped me so much before.

My life becomes so much easier knowing I have this amazing tool to help me as I go.

I choose to make the choice to tap when I need it.

Take a deep breath in and out.  Go back to your measurement and ask where you are on the measurement scale again and work your self down the scale gradually until you reach a zero on the scale.  Adapt your wording for your own personal experience as you go along.

Sometimes I need a gentle reminder of the tools that I have at my disposal.  I hope this reminder will serve you well too.

As always, have a great Tapping Day!


Want to learn Emotional Freedom Techniques?




If you are unfamiliar with EFT and would like to learn tapping for yourself, try my free online course MeTap - FastTrack Course to Living your Best Life with EFT.

Alternatively, learn more advanced or specialized EFT skills by checking out the below courses:



Stay in Touch


Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash

Follow me on Instagram @thewell_beinginstitute 

Like my Facebook page @thewellbeinginstitute

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel dedicated to taking you on journeys of relaxation, self discovery and healing via guided meditations The Well-Being Institute 



Copyright © 2019 - The Well-Being Institute - All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts