Importance of Sore Points

When using energy healing as a modality we become so much more aware.  So much more attuned to our bodily sensations and start noticing much more acutely changes in sensations in the body and mind, body and soul level.  In this way we become much more sensitive to the needs that the body, mind, soul may be communicating to us.  This is also true when using meridian energy while working using EFT. 
Image by Gerd Altmann from Pixabay 
Sore Points
When tapping on the Acupoints there may be points that feel more sensitive, even sore when tapped on.  Sometimes there is a soreness and other times there may be none.  Sometimes the sore feeling or sensitivity changes depending on the tapping point and the meridian line that the point is serving.  Take note of these sensations and communication from your body.  There are important messages for you on these points indicating where there may be energy in a meridian line that is stuck or blocked.  Be thankful for this communication as your body is giving you feedback and guiding you to where particular attention is needed.

Whenever you feel sensitivity or soreness when tapping on an Acupoint, pay particular attention to these points and make sure that you extend your tapping time on these points particularly.  So for example, if I feel very sensitive and even sore when tapping on my Collarbone point, I thank my body for giving me this valuable information and guidance and go to work tapping on this point for longer on each tapping round.  

Whenever you feel a sensitivity on an Acupoint, incorporate it into your tapping round, whatever the tapping round may be about.  This soreness on an Acupoint may indicate:

  • that there is a block or energy flow issue that is specific to the subject you may be tapping on and 
  • tells you in which meridian line this block is likely to be, as well as
  • which Acupoint point to focus your tapping on in order to release this block and correct the energy flow.
Very important information to take note of.  

Tapping Script:
Image by cocoparisienne from Pixabay 
So for example, you are tapping on anxiety and while tapping on this issue you feel a soreness on your Chin point, tapping wording or script examples could be:

  • I notice that I have sensitivity on this point and I am so grateful that my body is able to communicate this valuable information to me;

  • I thank you for giving me this information by showing me where the blocks relating to my anxiety is greatest;

  • I notice this soreness on my Chin point and I am curious as to why this anxiety is blocked on this line and I am interested to understand where this comes from and why this anxiety is stuck there;

  • I wonder why this point feels to different than the other points, I take notice and thank my body for making me aware of this subtle difference in sensation;

  • I wonder how anxiety got stuck on this line and I am so grateful that I have been made aware of it's presence an location so that I can focus on this point and correct the energy flow;

  • My chin feels a bit sore here, I will take my time here and continue tapping here for a while, trusting the communication that my body is giving me;

  • I love how energy becomes so tangible to me in this way as my body gives me answers and guidance on energy blocks in my body;

  • I now release all blocks in this meridian line and I am grateful for my body's ability to bring this energy irregularity to my attention;

  • I love that I can work so intuitively with my body.


As always, please ensure that you adjust the wording examples to fit your own language style and circumstance.  Make the wording as personal to you and your situation as possible in order to get the best results out of EFT.

Medical Guidance
Image by Darko Stojanovic from Pixabay 
Please note, this explanation and guidance is based on energy healing and is specifically meant for EFT practice and other energy healing modalities.  It is always advisable to seek medical help whenever you are unsure about a sensation or a painful area on your body.  Furthermore, you may be someone with an acute or chronic condition that as a symptom has sensitivity or soreness on the body, please seek medical help if you feel a sensation that is unusual and concerning for you and your particular condition.

Get Connected
If you are new to EFT, take a look at my free course MeTap to get your started.
Follow me on Instagram @thewell_beinginstitute
Subscribe to my YouTube channel for free guided meditations.

Popular Posts