This morning as normal I started my day with meditation.  I decided on a lovely track of frogs noises.  There is something about that repetitive sound that helps me really clear my mind and prevent distraction.  

While meditating I felt like doing some Silent Tapping.

What is Silent Tapping?
Well it is really what it says on the tin.  Tapping as you would normally but without saying a word.  So you would in essence do your setup and sequence tapping in complete silence and continually.  

Why would I want to tap Silently?
Well sometimes you just get the urge to do tapping but not sure what you are working on specifically or you don't fancy focussing on self-work in its usual EFT form right that moment.

Sometimes you may be in a group setting and just tapping along with the group without saying anything or working on anything particularly.

Maybe you feel uncomfortable to reveal any of your issue you are working on to a group or someone close to you.  You may be sitting at work and just need some discrete tapping but unable to say anything out loud.

In a religious situation you may like to tap while listening to a prayer or in a spiritual sense you may want to tap during a meditation.

So what do I do?
Well this morning I fancied tapping during my meditation.  I didn't really have anything to work on particularly but just fancied that lovely feeling of calmness I enjoy using EFT Silent Tapping.  

Instead of doing a setup, I go straight to the sequence so from Top of Head to Underarm Points.  I continue tapping 3-7 times on each point silently while listening to my meditation sound or track.  (Some practitioners start with the EB point and end with TOH point - this is perfectly fine - try both options and see what you prefer).

Sometimes, like this morning, I had my headphones on so it was a bit difficult to tap on Top of Head so I started with my Eyebrow (EB) point instead of the Top of Head point.  

Also, another way to use Silent Tapping is to just tap using your favourite point.  This varies for me on occasion but I find the Collarbone Point (CB) so effective and versatile especially when driving.  So I would just continually tap on my Collarbone Point throughout silently.

When in a meeting or a situation where tapping is a bit difficult or obvious I will resort to silently do some Finger Tapping.  Using the Finger Tapping points under the table in a meeting for example or while pushing a shopping trolley.  

I also enjoy the Sore Spot for silent tapping.  On this spot I prefer rubbing the spot in a circular motion and the sensation of release and calm is like heaviness dropping from the top of your head down to the ground slowly.  It is wonderful.

Have a tapping day!



Popular Posts