Awaken Gratitude in 3 easy steps

I have lately been focusing on gratitude and being more mindful of all the things I have that I am grateful for each day.  


Image by John Hain from Pixabay 


The 3 Step Gratitude Awakening Technique

I was listening to a workshop the other day by Neal Donald Walsh and he described a technique that I use every night now.  This technique is so simple and it sets up a feeling of gratitude and love for the next day.  Isn't that a wonderful way to fall asleep?

So every night when lying in bed and I go through the following steps:


1.  Name 10 things you are grateful for today!  

Image by Bruno GlƤtsch from Pixabay 

This forces me to take time to look back on everything that happened during the day.  More importantly, it forces me to find the positive things that happened during the day.  

Our minds have a negative bias so we tend to focus on:

  • the negative aspects;
  • what we could have done better;
  • what we don't have; and 
  • that to do list of seemingly never ending tasks.
These things can keep our minds occupied throughout the day and keep us awake at night.  This technique ensures that I take stock of all the things that went right, the things I did get done and the moments that I appreciate and enjoyed during the day.  

This part of the process alone helps me shift back into a positive mindset.  As I go to sleep with this mindset of having at least 10 things that I am grateful for today, my energy body is tuned into the frequency of mindfulness, gratitude and a broadening ability to notice when things go well as time goes on. 

What a great way of starting a new morning by doing a quick simple step before bed.


2.  Send love to 3 people you dislike, have done you wrong or have made you feel negative about the world.

Image by S. Hermann & F. Richter from Pixabay 
Now this technique can be a tricky one.  However, it has helped me in releasing feelings and energy that would have clung to me and my energetic body like Velcro.  Often for much longer than I thought I even gave it attention to.  


 Law of Attraction explanation follows.  
If you're not into Law of Attraction and how energy works, just skip to the text box similar a few paragraphs on. 

Imagine yourself as a magnet.  As you go about your day and you experience the ups and downs of life, things cling to you (the magnet) while other things just pass by.  This is determined by our focus.  Our focus is a vibration and vibration (energy) attracts like for like.  So as we (the magnet) attract positive and negative things from our experience in the world, we sift though things:

  • we want and things we don't want, 
  • we like and things we don't like; but also 
  • things we really don't like or want.  
The more attention we give to something (negative or positive) the more magnetic power that idea, thought, experience has and the more of the same it attracts so if you don't get rid of that negative feeling you are likely to vibrate energetically in a manner that will attract the same experiences.  

Now imagine you had a negative experience with your boss.  All day you have been brewing  and mulling over this negative experience but specifically how this has made you feel.  Using the magnet example above, you have now picked up a negative experience in your environment and you are amplifying the magnetic power by giving it your attention.  You further amplify it by giving it your emotional attention and with time and before you realize it your energetic magnet is searching for similar experiences and finding them...because you gave it so much attention right so you must want more of it?!  So your boss keeps doing what he/she is doing and it affects you more and more negatively.

However, by working on this feeling and the negative experience you had with your boss by tapping on the experience and using this technique, you reduce the snowball effect and reduce the magnetic power.  


Law of Attraction explanation is over so continue reading.

So for me, I send love to the people who:

  • do me wrong, 
  • disrespect me or others; or 
  • have had a negative effect on me that day for whatever reason.
This allows me to change the narrative in my mind as I can feel the difference energetically in my body.  I release the negative thoughts and feelings towards this person(s) and break the connection and emotional, mental, physical and energetic effect they have on me.  

Very often, this person I need to send love to is ME!  Jip, it happens...I can also be the jerk in this equation and need to forgive myself for a wrongdoing. 


3.  Connect to the Divine

Image by John Hain from Pixabay 
The last part of the step is a spiritual one.  You might adapt this step to suit your on belief system or non belief system.  All good.  So in essence, you might choose to:

  • pray, 
  • have a chat to yourself or higher self;
  • meditate, or 
  • do nothing at all.  
For me though, I like to ask, 'How may I serve?'. 

This is a part of the technique I learnt from Dr Wayne Dyer.  He would start his meditations with 'How may I serve?' and listen with all his senses to the answer during his meditation practice daily.  I follow a similar practice at this part of the sequence.  I ask:

  • 'How may I serve?' or 
  • 'How may I be of service?' or 
  • 'Show me how I can serve?'  
And I just gently drift off to sleep.

It has taken me a long time to get to this stage of surrendering myself to be of service to the greater good and my highest divine good.  For a very long time my focus was asking for stuff, experiences, things, people and more.  Of course I still need and want things, experiences, people in my life but my focus has changed over time from: 


'What can I receive?' 
to 
'What can I give?'.

Of course, you choose the wording that best suits you and what feels right for you right now or even just today.


_______

Such a simple daily practice with amazing effects.  Give it a try for a few nights and see what happens for you.  You may feel some unexpected shifts in your life and energy.


So to recap:

1.  Name 10 things that you are grateful for today;

2.  Send love to 3 people that has negatively affected your life, person or human experience;

3.  Connect to the divine however you choose to do so!


Want to learn Emotional Freedom Techniques?



If you are unfamiliar with EFT and would like to learn tapping for yourself, try my free online course MeTap - FastTrack Course to Living your Best Life with EFT.

Alternatively, learn more advanced or specialized EFT skills by checking out the below courses:



Stay in Touch


Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash

Follow me on Instagram @thewell_beinginstitute 

Like my Facebook page @thewellbeinginstitute

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel dedicated to taking you on journeys of relaxation, self discovery and healing via guided meditations The Well-Being Institute 



Copyright © 2019 - The Well-Being Institute - All Rights Reserved




Popular Posts