Body Confidence & EFT Healing Series

I am drawn this week on posting about body confidence.  I have had struggles with my weight all of my life.  I was an overweight kid most of my life and eventually developed an eating disorder in my teens.  Throughout my life I struggled with self esteem and body image.  However, now in my late 30's I have had some time to work on myself but especially my mind and how it relates to my body and how I feel in my body.


I am glad to report that this beautiful, strong, voluptuous body of mine has seen me through poverty, injustice, bullying, abuse, trauma, grief, anger, rejection but also pregnancy, childbirth, parenthood, change, spirituality, love, joy, happiness, strength, play, and so much more.  I thank my body for carrying me so faithfully through this journey and giving me the vessel that my spirit needs to thrive, grow and develop in this world.  Without my journey, I wouldn't have the experience and incite to be able to share and teach from a place of understanding and knowing.

So this week I dedicate to body confidence and improving body image...not the way others see you...no, what others think of you is none of your business.  Your business is what YOU think of YOU.  This concept has taken me some time to work around and I tell you, once it makes sense, I mean really makes sense, it blossoms into this beautiful flower within.

Please don't think I became a fitness nut and now love myself and my body because I am the picture of perfection.  Not at all actually.  I am the heaviest I have ever been actually and my body has changed significantly since childbirth.  So no, I don't look like a fitness model or the like.  To love yourself and your body also doesn't mean throwing your health to the wind and say well, f@c% it, I am just gonna love myself, flabby bits and all...yes there is some of that but it you can still want to make changes to your body or reduce your body size, you just have more appreciation of the journey you had in order to be where you are now.  There may be a perspective of the universe playing a role in creating a body that you need in order to get to the learning at soul level you were meant to achieve.  But also, there is a love of just being where you are right now and knowing that nothing ever stands still for long.  Things are always in a constant flux and movement and just appreciating where you are now in your journey.


I dieted pretty much all of my life and it made me feel awful.  I felt like a failure most of the time and was completely obsessive about weighing, measuring and felt sooo guilty for just eating.  I couldn't understand why others just seem to not need food so much.   Well I know now that some people (I was one of them at one point) just starve themselves into perfection.  Believe me, it is an all consuming starvation that I wish on no one.

That being said.  I share this with you as I have so many people around me that struggle with their self image daily.  I see it in the words they use, the clothes they wear, the pained look on their faces when eating. You are not alone and this happens to a lot of people.  Eating times become like a socially accepted torture exercise.

Well, no more...well, it hasn't been the case for me for some time now.  I have the knowledge and experience in psychology and counselling techniques at my disposal and have the amazing super power of seeing the bigger picture and making connections that aren't always available for others to see.  This might be part of the typical counsellor or Psychologist skill set but I want to share a couple of things here that helped me greatly.

In the next few posts over the next few weeks I will be posting about techniques and skills you could use to improve your body image.  You can choose to use these exercises to improve your body image but also to improve the way you look and feel about yourself and in your body.

I will be particularly discussing how to use EFT / Emotional Freedom Technique / Tapping to work on self esteem, body confidence, body image and general well being.

If you can't wait till then, feel free to check out my ProTap™ - Enhance your Life with EFT course by going to https://www.Thewell-BeingInstitute.Teachable.com


Popular Posts