Body Confidence and Healing Series - Mirror Work

Body Confidence and Healing Series

EFT & Mirror Work

I know that the mirror can sometimes be as annoying as the scales right?  Well this week we are using the mirror as a healing tool.  


Stand in front of the mirror.  Those who are higher on the scale in terms of disliking the way they look (scale from 0 - 10 Ten being the highest amount of dislike and 0 is no dislike at all) might start off with looking at themselves with clothes on.  No worries, just respect that where you are in the journey and make note of it in your journal.  In a few weeks time you should see such an improvement down the scale of body discomfort or dislike that you would be more than happy to check yourself out in the mirror...clothes OFF dare I say.

Some of you may want to start this exercise with your underwear on or even completely naked.  The important thing here is to respect where you are in YOUR journey and stop comparing yourself to what others are doing.

So stand in front of the mirror and identify something about your body that you dislike.  This can be anything.  For example:  
  • chubby thighs;
  • bingo wing arms;
  • saggy boobs;
  • big tummy;
  • mommy tummy pouch;
  • freckles;
  • crooked nose;
  • ugly toes;
  • weight;
  • etc
From here we will be moving on to use EFT to do some tapping while looking in the mirror.  While standing in front of the mirror start doing your setup using your Karate Chop point then move on to your tapping sequence tapping from Top of Head to Underarm  points.  On each point notice something in the mirror about the part of your body you dislike.  An example might be:

One body part at a time


Always start by checking where you are on the measurement scale from 0 - 10 (10 being the highest amount of discomfort and 0 being no discomfort at all).

Setup Phase:


Even though my tummy looks more like a blob than a six pack, I love myself completely;
Even though my tummy jiggles when I run, I accept myself completely;
Even though my tummy used to be so flat and now it completely changes the shape of my body, I love and accept myself.

Sequence Phase:

TOH:  I feel so uncomfortable with my big fat stomach (yes, you need to express exactly how you feel, don't hold back or suppress how you feel);
EB:  It makes a muffin top on my jeans;
SE:  My tummy feels like it is a barrier to who I really am;
UE:  I don't like what I see when I look in the mirror;
UN:  I don't like the shape of my tummy since giving birth;
Ch:  Why do people I see around me bounce back so quickly;
CB:  The only bounce back I get is from my jiggly tummy (yes, inject some humor in it when you are ready);
UA:  My tummy makes me feel like I project an image that I am not comfortable being associated as.

Please note, this is an example only.  For EFT to really be effective for your particularly, you must use your own language and speech style.  The example here is very much looking at visual and feeling aspects.  If you are more auditory as your primary sense then focus on what the body part you chose sounds like when you move or if you are olfactory then what does it smell like and so on.  

Once you have completed a session on 1 body part, then move on to the next body part.  You may even want to try an all inclusive approach by tackling all the parts of your body that you dislike in one go for example:

All inclusive approach

Check your measurement first so you know where you start and then it becomes much easier to see progress down the measurement scale from 0-10.

Setup Phase:


Even though my tummy looks more like a blob than a six pack, I love myself completely;
Even though my nose is too big, I accept myself completely;
Even though my tights rub against each other, I love and accept myself.

Sequence Phase:

TOH:  I feel so uncomfortable with my big fat stomach;
EB:  Is everyone looking at my nose;
SE:  I hate that my body is covered in freckles;
UE:  My feet are so big and ugly;
UN:  I don't like the stretch marks on my body;
Ch:  Why do people I see around me bounce back so quickly;
CB:  I also want to be youthful and energized;
UA:  I want to feel like I have freedom of movement in my body.

Want to learn to use EFT ... for FREE?!

If you don't know how to use EFT yet, well you are in luck my friend...I am working on a free training course just for you in my academy called MeTap™.  

Go to https://thewell-beinginstitute.teachable.com to check out my available courses and as soon as the free training is available you will gain access to that following the link.



Popular Posts