To trust, or not to trust...your Intuition!


So this post is an offspring from my previous post where I talk about the worst day of my life and the traumatic experience I experienced.  I wanted to do a separate post regarding intuition as this subject opened a bit of a mind spiral to some of my family including myself and a great big mind f%*k to the other part of my family.


So if you read my previous post you will know all about my mother's NDE (Near Death Experience) and that she is is recovering really well but following the NDE we got into a bit of a discussion...on intuition.

Now prior to my mother's scheduled operation we all seemed to be feeling an uneasiness...some more than others it appears but it was either not mentioned (I certainly didn't know about anyone else's feelings on the matter even though I asked about it all the time...possibly to gauge if their feelings were the same as mine or merely my own fears) or brushed off as mere feelings of normal anxiety prior to a procedure.  Yes, I am still learning to listen to my intuition again and it is certainly an ongoing process but this experience has awakened a new understanding or lack of understanding on the matter.

It turns out there were a lot of signs and feelings to guide my mother away from having the operation.  Firstly, my father and I both had an uneasiness that we couldn't shake.  Secondly, my parent's have a lady that helps them with cleaning in their home and she is basically part of the family.  She was crying all week and asking my mother not to go as she was convinced my mother was not going to come back and she needed and desperately wanted her to come back.  I only found this out a few days after the event along with another interesting bit of information.  

My mother explained that a few days before the operation she had a nightmare. She dreamed she was lying on a metal table in hospital but she weren't in her own body.  She was viewing herself from a viewing deck that was higher than the floor where the metal table was.  A scene similar to what one would see on the medical drama Grey's Anatomy where they often depict student doctors sitting int the viewing deck while observing the operation taking place on the lower floor.  

Well my spiritual side is screaming that these were warning signs but my logical science mind says this dream was merely a manifestation of the fear she felt which was playing out in her dream state.  Regardless what your viewpoint of this is, there must be value in following our 'gut instinct' right?  



So, I set out to do a bit of research on the subject.  From a spiritual point of view, the subject of intuition is not new.  In fact, intuition forms such a big part of the life of a spiritual person and is so harnessed and practiced that it has become second nature.  Those choosing the spiritual path feel a clear connection as body, mind and soul communicate and provide information that is not accessible through the logical brain.  In this context we know that everything is energy and thus vibration including the universe in and around us.  Our paths already walked and those set out invisibly in front of us are all vibration.  So whatever we are vibrating within us is matched in vibration outside of us.  This concept is called The Law of Attraction (To learn more about the Law of Attraction and the Law of Allowing, check out Abraham Hicks's books - I personally recommend 'Ask and it is Given' - but there are so many YouTube videos with Abraham Hicks and many other teachers on the subject).  In this way what we feel, believe, think, etc is matched in our external experience.  Our instinct is then believed to be our highest interest based on the vibrations that we have but as it is our all knowing souls that communicate via our solar plexus to give messages to body and mind, we know the message is always from a place of pure love and our best interest at heart.  In fact, we are always naturally trying to find a place of feeling good and our intuition assist in this.  For example, in my example with my mother and the intuitive message we all received prior to her operation.  If we had listened to our gut feelings about the situation, it is clear we would have been spared this awful experience. I know I am making this sound so easy.  I know, it isn't and it needs practice and an absolute belief in the feeling which takes time.  


the SCIENCE
In 2016 a team of Psychologist published their findings in Psychological Science where they prove that intuition do exist and can actually be measured.  To do this they designed and experiment where research participants were exposed to images ranging from good feeling images like puppies to bad feeling emotions like snakes that invoke emotions outside of their conscious awareness as the participants attempt to make accurate decisions.  The study found that the research participants were still able to use information from the images to make more accurate decisions even though they were unaware of the images.  According to Pearson, "These data suggest that we can use unconscious information in our body or brain to help guide us through life, to enable better decisions, faster decisions, and be more confident in the decisions we make".

Further evidence to support the existence of intuition was gathered from the physiological data of the research participants. Participants' skin conductance was measured which indicates physiological arousal in one of the experiments conducted in this study.  As the research participants made decisions about the dots, researchers gathered evidence that skin conductance predicted behavioral intuition.  Therefore, the research participants showed a physiological reaction to the emotional images they weren't aware was being presented.

Researchers also found that over time intuition can get stronger to improve even greater on decision making proving that we can learn and improve our intuition.  (Lufityanto, G., Donkin, C., & Pearson, J. (2016). Measuring Intuition: Nonconscious Emotional Information Boosts Decision Accuracy and Confidence. Psychological Science. doi: 10.1177/0956797616629403)

Tapping into Intuition

Not yet convinced on intuition?  No problem, we all have a purpose and journey to follow and yours may look different from mine.  All good, no worries, no problem.  However, if, like me you are on a journey of improving your intuition to live a life of abundance and connection then I would like to present some example phrases to use in your EFT for Intuition practice and rounds.  Remember, these are only guidance and examples, the best EFT experience is always achieved by using your own personal wording and phrases that feels right and good to you.

Example phrases for Setup phase:
Even though I don't trust my intuition yet, I am enjoying the journey of learning and developing my intuition.
Even though I was taught to forget how to use my inner guidance system, I am slowly remembering this knowledge that came so easily to me as a child.
Even though listening to my gut feels scary and out of control, I trust that there is infinite wisdom within me and I let it flow..
Even though society laughs at internal guidance like intuition, I tap into mine anyway with EFT.
Example phrases for Tapping Sequence:
Tapping on each Acupoint from TOH to UA utter a statement regarding how you feel about intuition.  For example:


My intuition isn't strong yet as I have shut it down for so long;
I wish it would be so strong an clear that I can't miss it while still feeling good;
I wonder why my religion disregards intuition;
Especially as it is such a beautiful guidance from divine;
I am scared to reveal my thoughts and feelings about intuition to others;
I don't want to be laughed at or rejected by family and friends;
I still want to improve my intuitive skills;
I want to rebuild my trust in my intuition starting now;
When my gut speaks, I want to be brave and listen.




Popular Posts