EFT Tapping Script to help with Seeking Help to Heal Trauma


Trauma is very complex and the word has a lot of negative emotional association and expression.  There are many forms of trauma and people react to trauma very differently.  One person may experience very mild and short-lived symptoms of trauma and others may have symptoms that last a long time with little relief in severity which indicates the development of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).  

Psychological and Behavioural Symptoms of trauma include:

Confusion     
Anger     
Sadness     
Irritability     
Tiredness     
Anxiety     
Numbness     
Lack of Concentration     
Sleep Disturbances including nightmares     
Resentment     
Hypervigilance (Feeling jumpy and easily startled)
Isolation
Flashbacks
Fear of reoccurrence
Depression
Avoidance


Physical Symptoms of trauma as related to the Psychological expression of trauma include symptoms related to fight, flight, and freeze responses to danger (excluding symptoms related to violent and abusive crimes) include:

Headaches
Digestive Issues and pain
Sweating
Racing heart

Traumatic events can be categorized as follows:

  • Acute Trauma or Once-off traumatic event stems from a single dangerous or stressful event such as an accident, assault, rape, or terrorist attack.
  • Chronic Trauma included repeated, prolonged, and/or continuous exposure to severely stressful events such as domestic violence, childhood abuse, bullying, marital rape, war experience, or psychological abuse.
  • Complex Trauma relates to exposure to multiple traumatic events.
  • Secondary Trauma or Vacarious Trauma relates to the development of symptoms related to trauma by a person who has seen a traumatic event or has been in close contact with someone who has directly experienced a traumatic event.  Family members and mental health professions include those susceptible to this type of trauma. 

Treatment

It is very important to seek treatment for the symptoms of trauma in order to heal and prevent symptoms worsening and developing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.  Seeking help from a mental health practitioner is essential to your successful healing.  There are many different approaches and techniques used to including CBT, EMDR, and Somatic Approach such EFT.

Tapping on Trauma


If you have or are experiencing a traumatic event, I would highly recommend you seeking assistance from a mental health professional who would be able to hold a safe space for you while you are exploring and healing from your trauma.  When you try and work on trauma on your own, there might be times when you become overwhelmed or memories come up that you feel too much to deal with on your own.  

However, there are also many people that are reluctant to seek help even though the symptoms of their trauma affect their lives negatively.  There is a lot of anxiety and fear associated with trauma and people who have suffered a traumatic event may fear the consequences of speaking about their trauma.  Some examples could include:
  • If someone was or is in an abusive relationship, this person might fear retaliation from their abuser.  
  • A child who was or are being abused may have very complex fears including getting anyone in trouble, being believed by others on not and often the abuser would have convinced the child that bad things will happen to their loved ones if they ever speak of the abuse.  
  • A person who was in a cult and felt brainwashed and taken advantage of may feel fearful for their own lives and that of their loved ones if they speak out.  
  • People who survived attacks or natural disasters for example may feel terrible guilt called survivors guilt or survivors syndrome where they feel guilty for surviving whilst others didn't.  These people are reluctant to seek help for their trauma as they may feel they don't deserve to heal from trauma as they shouldn't have survived in the first place.  
  • People also fear being vulnerable or being seen as weak so feel they must cope with the symptoms to avoid the shame.  There are so many reasons people choose to live with the symptoms of trauma instead of seeking help.

This tapping script is for those that are reluctant to seek help for their trauma.  I do hope that this tapping script will help you take the steps to move forward in your healing.

TAPPING SCRIPT TO HELP RELEASE FEAR OF SEEKING HELP TO HEAL TRAUMA


Sit in a comfortable position and tune in to this fear of seeking help.  You may even find this tapping script useful to calm your nerves prior to seeing your mental health practitioner.  You may even choose to start off your treatment sessions with your mental health practitioner to discuss the fears you have about healing from your trauma if this applies to your situation.

Test your fear on the measurement scale from 0 - 10 (0 being no discomfort felt and 10 being the highest discomfort felt).  When you have your rating on this scale it is time to start tapping.

Tap on the Karate Chop Point and say:

Even though I have all these symptoms related to what I went through, I honour where I am in my journey and love and accept myself;

Even though I feel stuck and fearful in the thought of getting help, I completely and utterly love and accept myself;

Even though I am afraid of discussing what happened to me, I love and accept myself.


Tap on each Acupoint from TOH to UA and say:

I am afraid
What if...
What if I get in trouble
What if it makes things worse
What if I get someone else in trouble
What if I don't deserve to heal from this
Maybe I deserve to feel this way
What if I look weak

What if I remember things I don't want to remember again
What if the treatment makes me feel worse
What if they make me remember
I am so afraid
I wonder what treatment is like
I am scared to talk about this
I don't want to talk about this
But I don't feel right

I don't feel like myself
It can't be normal to feel like this
I want to feel better
I just want to stop being so afraid
I just want to stop feeling like a victim
I am so angry inside
This anger is coming out in my relationships
This anger is coming out in my work

This anger is coming out at myself
I just feel so angry and tired
I don't want to feel like this anymore
I don't want to feel afraid of it happening again / I don't want this to keep happening
I am afraid of opening a 'can of worms'
But what if I don't speak
Will I be able to just shove my feelings down 
Am I able to just pretend nothing has happened/is happening

I feel so afraid
I don't want to feel like this anymore
I don't want people to know what happened to me
I feel so disgusting 
I feel so ashamed
I am angry that this has happened/is happening to me
I don't know if I can talk about it with someone
I don't know if I should talk about this

I don't know if I will be believed
I feel so afraid 
I so want to feel better than this
There must be a way to feel better than this
Maybe if I just see what a first session would be like
Maybe If I have a look at support groups online to see if this feeling is normal
What if feeling like this is normal for this situation
What if there is a way to feel better


(Move on to this part of the tapping script when your measurement goes to 2 or below and it feels comfortable for you to do so.)

I so want to feel better
I am afraid 
And I want to feel better
Maybe looking into some solutions isn't so scary
Maybe checking out a support group is ok
Maybe going to a mental health practitioner just for 1 session may help a little
Just 1 step forward
I want to feel better

I have added wording to this tapping script that could be added to different forms of traumatic events, therefore some wording may not apply to your specific situation. Make sure to adapt the script to match your specific situation and feelings that apply to the reasons you may feel reluctant to seek help to heal from your traumatic experience.

Keep tapping until you reach a zero on the intensity scale.

Have a great tapping day.

Resources:







EFT TAPPING ONLINE COURSES


MeTap - FastTrack Course to Living your Best Life with EFT;

ProTap - Enhance your Life with EFT;

KiddyTap - Teach your Kids to Thrive with EFT or 

FurTap - EFT for Pets.

  

CONTACT US

 

Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash

Website:  www.TheWell-BeingInstitute.co.za

Instagram @thewell_beinginstitute 

Facebook page @thewellbeinginstitute

YouTube Channel The Well-Being Institute 

Pinterest https://za.pinterest.com/wellbeinginstitute/

 

Copyright © 2017 - 2021 The Well-Being Institute - All Rights Reserved




Popular Posts