EFT Tapping on Goals

This time of year is a time of planning.  Setting new goals and preparing for the year to come.  

However, for many, this is feeling difficult as there are so many changes we all are facing with Covid.  Planning for the short term seems a lot easier and more tactile than making any long term plans or setting long term goals.

If you are feeling rather less than enthusiastic about setting goals this year, maybe tapping on it would help.

EFT Tapping for Goal Setting


Image by Tumisu from Pixabay 

Sit quietly and reflect on the things in your life you wish to achieve this year.  You may want to lose weight, improve or change your career, work on your relationship, or building a relationship.  What would you like to achieve most right now?

Now that you have a better understanding of the goal you wish to achieve, reflect on the reasons you wish to achieve this particular goal?  What is stopping you from achieving your goal?

It is useful to write some ideas down that come up for you here.  These will be valuable for your tapping session.

Now sit comfortably and identify the feeling you have around things that stop you from achieving your goal.  This may be fear, frustration, lack of motivation...

Rate your feeling on a scale from 0 (no discomfort at all) to 10 (maximum discomfort felt).

Set up Phase / Psychological Reversal

Make a statement three (3) times around this issue for example:

Tap on the Karate Chop (Side of Hand) Point and say:

Even though I feel _______ (example fear) around achieving my goal of _________ (example losing weight),  I honour myself;

Even though I have tried to achieve ________  (for example a promotion) in the past and failed, I love and accept myself completely;

Even though I have an intensity of _________ (example 7) on the measurement scale for feeling _________ (example unmotivated), I love myself anyway.

Tapping Sequence

This year feels out of control;

How am I to set goals?;

How am I supposed to achieve what I need to achieve?;

When there are so much change and uncertainty;

I have had to adapt to so much change;

It seems more change is likely;

How must I set a goal and work on it consistently?;

I am frustrated that I am not where I want to be yet;


I also have a bit of fear around achieving my goal;

What else would there be to achieve once I achieve this goal?;

How would my achievement of _________ affect my family and friends?;

Would achieving this goal have a negative effect on my relationships like jealousy?;

What if I get there and I don't like it?;

What if I don't like who I become when I achieve __________ (add goal)?;

I wonder if there are any negatives to achieving this goal?;

I have a feeling these concerns may be holding me back;



I want to have a clear view of what needs to be done;

I want to have that structure;

If I don't set a goal, will I lose focus?;

How would I know if I am where I want to be if I haven't set a focus?;

I feel like I am drifting with no clear direction;

If I set a goal now, would I just need to change it when there are stricter Covid regulations again?;

What is it that I really want though?;

What do I want to achieve most right now?;


I wonder what my goal would look like when it has been achieved?;

What would I feel like when I am __________  (add goal example richer, skinnier, more successful, loved....)?;

What would it feel like to be _______ (add your goal example richer, skinnier, more successful, loved....);

How can I tweak my goal to like all that my goal represents?;

What are the things about my goal that I like?;

I better understand the goal I want to set for myself;

I know that I am able to set clear achievable goals;

I am capable, able, focussed, determined and I love myself completely.


EFT TAPPING ONLINE COURSES


MeTap - FastTrack Course to Living your Best Life with EFT;

ProTap - Enhance your Life with EFT;

KiddyTap - Teach your Kids to Thrive with EFT or 

FurTap - EFT for Pets.

  

CONTACT US

 

Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash

Website:  www.TheWell-BeingInstitute.co.za

Instagram @thewell_beinginstitute 

Facebook page @thewellbeinginstitute

YouTube Channel The Well-Being Institute 

Pinterest https://za.pinterest.com/wellbeinginstitute/

 

Copyright © 2017 - 2021 The Well-Being Institute - All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts