EFT Tapping on Grief

Today I received the terrible news of a wonderful mommy who lost her long battle with cancer.  This news hit me terribly hard as she was such a kind, loving, fun human being who cherished her family dearly and fought with everything she had.  My thoughts go to the children who will grow up without her in their lives and my heart breaks into little pieces once more.

Image by Richard Mcall from Pixabay 

The one experience that all of us share is that at some point in our lives we will experience grief.  Grief is an experience that we are all able to.  Grief connects us as human beings and it is when we are at our most vulnerable that we need people around us to help lift us up.  I hope this tapping script finds the person in need of help and lifts up a person in grief.

EFT Tapping Script for Grief

Sit comfortably with your feet flat on the floor.  Take a few deep breaths and when you are ready to take your attention within.  Identify the feeling that is most prominent with your grief right now.  

Determine the feeling that feels authentic to you right now and measure the intensity of this feeling on a scale from 0 - 10 (zero being no intensity at all and 10 being the highest intensity felt).

Let's begin tapping on the Karate Chop / Side of Hand point and say:

Even though this feeling of _______________ is an intensity of ___________, I honour my feeling as the true authentic expression of my grief right now;

Even though I feel _________________ and the feeling feels most prominent in __________ part of my body, I love that my body is able to tell me where this negative energy is resting and I accept myself completely;

Even though this feeling of ________________ feels raw and difficult to deal with, I completely and utterly love and accept myself.

Move on to tapping on the body points and make a true and authentic statement about your specific grieving experience.  Use the script below as a guide and change the wording to match your feelings and situation.  The more specific you make your tapping practice the more you will get out of it.

This feeling of __________________ in my body;
This heavy feeling;
I feel so down;
I feel so confused;
Why him/her?
This grief;
I can't believe this has happened;
I am left behind;
I am alone;

It makes me feel so helpless;
I am sad for myself;
I am sad for all those affected;
I feel sad for everyone feeling this way;
I am frustrated that this has happened;
This feeling in my body;
This feeling associated with losing someone;
It feels like a shift has occurred;
It is like the carpet has been pulled out from under me;

I am left to try and find my balance again;
This feeling;
This feeling of _____________________;
This feeling in my body;
I know it is a process;
A process I can't speed up;
I know that the best I can do is honour my feelings;
as they arise;
and tap my way through to the other side.

Please take care of yourself and those around you.  If you feel unable to manage your grief, please reach out to someone close to you or a professional that can walk with you as you go through your grieving process.  

Want to learn Emotional Freedom Techniques?


If you are unfamiliar with EFT and would like to learn tapping for yourself, try my beginner online course MeTap - FastTrack Course to Living your Best Life with EFT.

Alternatively, learn more advanced or specialized EFT skills by checking out the below courses:


Stay in Touch


Photo by NordWood Themes on Unsplash
Website:  www.TheWell-BeingInstitute.co.za

Instagram @thewell_beinginstitute 

Facebook page @thewellbeinginstitute



Copyright © 2017 - 2020 The Well-Being Institute - All Rights Reserved

Popular Posts